[openstack-dev] [pbr] regular releases, and path to 1.0

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Mon May 4 20:13:33 UTC 2015

On 5 May 2015 at 08:04, Clark Boylan <cboylan at sapwetik.org> wrote:

> On Mon, May 4, 2015, at 12:53 PM, Robert Collins wrote:

> I don't understand what you mean by "zero real world testing of master".
> We test that pbr can make sdists and install packages on every change to
> master before merging those changes. That is the majority of what pbr
> does for us. We can definitely add more testing of the other bits
> (running tests, building docs, etc), but I don't think it is fair to say
> we have approximately zero real world testing of master.

We do exhaustive tests that work across a large set of openstack projects.

Thats not at all the same as real world tests. We don't know that it
works on Arch linux, for instance. Or windows. We don't know that it
works when someone has a GSM modem and flaky internet. As we identify
common failure modes or things we want to support we add them and
thats entirely appropriate, but its never going to be the same degree
of pathology that end users can bring.

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>