[openstack-dev] [nova] What happened with the "Hyper-V generation 2 VMs" spec?

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Mon May 4 15:41:31 UTC 2015

This spec was never approved [1] but the code was merged in Kilo [2].

The blueprint is marked complete in launchpad [3] and it's referenced as
a new feature in the hyper-v driver in the kilo release notes [4], but
there is no spec published for consumers that detail the feature [5].
Also, the spec mentioned doc impacts which I have to assume weren't
made, and there were abandoned patches [6] tied to the blueprint, so is
this half-baked or not?  Are we missing information in the kilo release
notes?

How do we retroactively approve a spec so it's published to
specs.openstack.org for posterity when obviously our review process
broke down?

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/103945/
[2]
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:merged+project:openstack/nova+branch:master+topic:bp/hyper-v-generation-2-vms,n,z