[openstack-dev] [tc] Who is allowed to vote for TC candidates

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Fri May 1 00:33:08 UTC 2015

On Thu, 2015-04-30 at 12:26 +0200, Flavio Percoco wrote:
> I've seen the number of threads to discuss Ops topics increase in
> openstack-dev and the influence of Ops - even just points of views
> inherited from the feedback we've got - on reviews has gotten better
> as well.

Fantastic, that has always been the intention.

> If it's a matter of having more Ops voting for the TC, we do have a
> process in place that we could likely improve. Other than that, I
> believe Thierry and Doug have explained perfectly the issues related
> to having these 2 groups merged from a *governance* perspective.

I noticed that this round of elections we had TC *candidates* that at
least I consider more operators than strictly 'dev'. That, to me, is a
huge sign of the progress we've made to integrate the two categories.

To me the real big question is: how are candidates from the operators
side going to get a better chance of being elected next time?

And what's the role of the User Committee in all this?

/stef