[openstack-dev] [neutron] VTI or GRE over ipsec feature for vpnaas

wei hu huwei.seu at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 07:45:05 UTC 2015

Hi, all.
Recently, I have requirement to establish ipsec connection with virtual
tunnel interface(VTI).
But I found the existing vpnaas in neutron does not support ipsec with
virtual tunnel interface.
Do  we have plan to let vpnaas support ipsec with vti or gre over ipsec ?

With this feature, we can add route rules in the vpn gateways, so that we
can not only connect
two private subnets with each ipsec connection, but no limit(just add route
rule in the gateway).

(Sorry for forgot to add subject in the former email)
Relate links:
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/solutions/Enterprise/WAN_and_MAN/P2P_GRE_IPSec/P2P_GRE_IPSec/2_p2pGRE_Phase2.html

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios/sec_secure_connectivity/configuration/guide/15_0/sec_secure_connectivity_15_0_book/sec_ipsec_virt_tunnl.html

huwei.seu at gmail.com