[openstack-dev] [heat] heat delete woes in Juno

Zane Bitter zbitter at redhat.com
Mon Mar 30 22:29:38 UTC 2015

On 26/03/15 15:30, Georgy Okrokvertskhov wrote:
> I attached an example of the template which is hanging right now in my
> Juno environment. I believe it hangs because of floating ip stuff and
> the way how it is attached to a VM.
> It is autogenerated, so please don't be disturbed by strange resource names.

There were a bunch of bug fixes required around this, due to the Neutron
API not being designed for orchestration:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/heat/+bug/1299259
https://bugs.launchpad.net/heat/+bug/1399699
https://bugs.launchpad.net/heat/+bug/1399702

All of those were eventually backported to stable/juno, so it may be
worth checking that you have the latest stable release. If there's still
issues then you may need to add dependencies to the template yourself -
in particularly complex cases, Heat just can't get enough information to
do the Right Thing.

cheers,
Zane.