[openstack-dev] [OpenStack-Dev] [third-party-ci] Clarifications on the goal and skipping tests

Doug Wiegley dougwig at parksidesoftware.com
Mon Mar 30 22:06:27 UTC 2015

A few reasons, I’m sure there are others:

- Broken tests that hardcode something about the ref implementation. The test needs to be fixed, of course, but in the meantime, a constantly failing CI is worthless (hello, lbaas scenario test.)
- Test relies on some “optional” feature, like overlapping IP subnets that the backend doesn’t support.  I’d argue it’s another case of broken tests if they require an optional feature, but it still needs skipping in the meantime.
- Some new feature added to an interface, in the presence of shims/decomposed drivers/plugins (e.g. adding TLS termination support to lbaas.) Those implementations will lag the feature commit, by definition.

Thanks,
doug