[openstack-dev] [Nova][Neutron] Status of the nova-network to Neutron migration work

Steve Wormley openstack at wormley.com
Mon Mar 30 16:59:57 UTC 2015

On Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 6:45 AM, Kevin Benton <blak111 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does the decision about the floating IP have to be based on the use of the
> private IP in the original destination, or could you get by with rules on
> the L3 agent to avoid NAT just based on the destination being in a
> configured set of CIDRs?
>
> If you could get by with the latter it would be a much simpler problem to
> solve. However, I suspect you will want the former to be able to connect to
> floating IPs internally as well.

That's one issue. Having systems like monitoring accessing both addresses.
The other, like many other large organizations, is that we have a fairly
large number of disjoint address spaces between all the groups accessing
our cloud. So trying to create and maintain that sort of list, short of a
routing protocol feed, is not easy.

-Steve Wormley