[openstack-dev] [kolla] Re: Questions about kolla

Steven Dake (stdake) stdake at cisco.com
Mon Mar 30 15:40:15 UTC 2015

From: Chmouel Boudjnah <chmouel at chmouel.com<mailto:chmouel at chmouel.com>>
Date: Monday, March 30, 2015 at 6:52 AM
Cc: "Chylinski, Arek" <arek.chylinski at intel.com<mailto:arek.chylinski at intel.com>>, "Stachowski, Michal" <michal.stachowski at intel.com<mailto:michal.stachowski at intel.com>>
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [kolla] Re: Questions about kolla

On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 3:42 PM, Steven Dake (stdake) <stdake at cisco.com<mailto:stdake at cisco.com>> wrote:
We plan to dockerize any service needed to deploy OpenStack.  We haven’t decided if that includes ceph, since ceph may already be dockerized by someone else.  But it does include the HA services we need as well as the rest of the OpenStack services.

it is and available here, https://github.com/ceph/ceph-docker

Looks pretty good.  Too bad it uses Ubuntu 14.04 as a userspace – in Kolla we want to support both CentOS and Ubuntu as a userspace.  But this gap should be easy to solve.

I really dislike the bindmounting of /etc and /var/lib/ceph.  /etc should be passed via environment and /var/lib/ceph should be a data container to maintain the idempotency, immutability, and declarative nature of containers.

Thanks for the link!

Regards
-steve

(Seb in Cc of this email is the one who have been working on this)

Chmouel