[openstack-dev] [nova] [scheduler] [gantt] Please stop using "Gantt" for discussing about Nova scheduler

Sylvain Bauza sbauza at redhat.com
Mon Mar 30 14:17:19 UTC 2015

Hi,

tl;dr: I used the [gantt] tag for this e-mail, but I would prefer if we
could do this for the last time until we spin-off the project.

  As it is confusing for many people to understand the difference in
between the future Gantt project and the Nova scheduler effort we're
doing, I'm proposing to stop using that name for all the efforts related
to reducing the technical debt and splitting out the scheduler. That
includes, not exhaustively, the topic name for our IRC weekly meetings
on Tuesdays, any ML thread related to the Nova scheduler or any
discussed related to the scheduler happening on IRC.
Instead of using [gantt], please use [nova] [scheduler] tags.

That said, any discussion related to the real future of a cross-project
scheduler based on the existing Nova scheduler makes sense to be tagged
as "Gantt", of course.

-Sylvain