[openstack-dev] [nova] meaning of 'Triaged' in bug tracker

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Mon Mar 30 14:00:44 UTC 2015

I've been attempting to clean up the bug tracker, one of the continued
inconsistencies that are in the Nova tracker is the use of 'Triaged'.

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/BugTriage

"If the bug contains the solution, or a patch, set the bug status to
Triaged"

In OpenStack the Triaged state means the solution is provided in the bug
at enough specification that a patch can be spun. We're ignoring the
Launchpad language here specifically.

We had about 180 bugs in Triaged this morning, some untouched for 2
years. I'm moving everything that looks valid without a solution to
'Confirmed'. A bunch of other issues look like they can be invalidated
in the process (through code greps).

In future, please be careful about putting things into Triaged that
don't have a solution. Triaged should always end up as a pretty small
number of things.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague