[openstack-dev] Regarding finding Mentors

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Sat Mar 28 14:58:49 UTC 2015

On 2015-03-28 19:58:00 +0530 (+0530), Ganesh R wrote:
> I am a newbie to OpenStack, very interested in contributing to
> OpenStack development.

Welcome!

Perhaps you missed https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/How_To_Contribute
which provides a lot of useful information about getting started
contributing to our community in a variety of ways.

> Is there any mentoring available to help in contributing to code
> for bug fixes, features, etc. ?
[...]

There's https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/OpenStack_Upstream_Training
which is an organized effort to introduce new people to our
community and developer workflow. Beyond that I'm not aware of any
general mentoring programs for newcomers, but we tend to all be a
welcoming and helpful bunch. The easiest way to get involved is to
just start trying to do the things you're interested in doing, and
communicate regularly with the other people who are already doing
the same things. You'll quickly get to know them, and they you. Just
about everyone here is thrilled to have more help getting things
done, so I imagine it won't take long to get ramped up and become
productive.
--
Jeremy Stanley