[openstack-dev] [nova] how to handle vendor-specific API microversions?

Chris Friesen chris.friesen at windriver.com
Fri Mar 27 20:48:52 UTC 2015

On 03/27/2015 01:40 PM, Steve Gordon wrote:
> [...]

Whoops...I had meant to link to "https://review.openstack.org/163060" and
managed to miss the last character.  My bad.  The API change I was talking about
has now been split out to "https://review.openstack.org/168418".

I haven't proposed any features (with spec/blueprint) for kilo or earlier.  I'm
planning on proposing some for the L release.  (Some are already in for review,
though I realize they're not going to get attention until Kilo is out.)

I may be making invalid assumptions about how long it takes to get things done,
but if so it's coloured by past experience.

Some examples:

I proposed a one-line trivial change in April of last year and it took almost 2
months before anyone even looked at it.

I reported "https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1213224" in 2013 and it hasn't
been fixed.

I opened "https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1289064" over a year ago,
proposed a fix (which admittedly had flaws), then handed it off to someone else,
then it bounced around a few other people and still isn't resolved.

I opened "https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1284719" over a year ago and it's
not yet resolved.

I opened "https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1298690" a year ago and it hasn't
been touched.