[openstack-dev] [nova] how to handle vendor-specific API microversions?

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 17:57:02 UTC 2015

On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 12:28 PM, Chris Friesen <chris.friesen at windriver.com
> wrote:

> As I see it, nova is really pushing for interoperability, but what is a
> vendor supposed to do when they have customers asking for extensions to the
> existing behaviour, and they want it in a month rather than the 6-9 months
> it might take to push upstream?  (Assuming its something that upstream is
> even interested in.

Vendors with the need to further isolate themselves from the interoperable
community are free to build their own API endpoints and provide clients to
communicate with them (which of course is exactly what we (should) not want
to happen).  Only the most trivial of 'extension' does not require
client-side support to be usable so some subset of the N clients and
libraries in use also need to be changed.

dt

Dean Troyer
dtroyer at gmail.com