[openstack-dev] [cinder] Deadline For Volume Drivers to Be Readded

Mike Perez thingee at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 23:24:04 UTC 2015

On 22:42 Thu 26 Mar     , Ryan Hsu wrote:
> Like I mentioned earlier, these numbers are going to be different for
> everyone depending on their testbed set up or driver capabilities. Just by
> disabling Heat in devstack you're going to miss some tests. As long as people
> are transparent about this, I don't see the harm here.

This has nothing to do with what services you're running (e.g. heat, sahara).
If you're just running volume.api tests, you're verifying a limited number of
tests due to your discovery settings. For your convenience, here's a diff
between testing just volume.api versus tox -e all -- volume:

http://paste.openstack.org/raw/196962/

As you'll notice there is a lot of snapshot/image tests missed that should be
covered by all CI's. However Vmware is kicking off the tests, this can be
corrected without enabling any additional OpenStack services by:

tox -e all -- volume

or if you're using devstack-gate, export this before running the tests:

export DEVSTACK_GATE_TEMPEST_REGEX="volume"

All of this is explained in the Cinder wiki:

https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Cinder/tested-3rdParty-drivers#What_tests_do_I_use.3F

--
Mike Perez