[openstack-dev] [infra] What do people think of YAPF (like gofmt, for python)?

Kiall Mac Innes kiall at macinnes.ie
Thu Mar 26 18:15:25 UTC 2015

I have no clue how I managed to send that last email encrypted -
Apologies :)

Re YAPF, or autofomatting, I've very little opinion..

But - I gave YAPF a go against the Designate codebase with the stock config:

Getting changes like that into the various projects won't be easy, even
if the core team is happy to just +A without reviewing for potential
issues, a massive percentage of in-progress reviews will fail to merge
and need manual rebasing.

For companies with internal forks/patches - those will likely all have
to be redone too..

I'm not sure there's really a good solution to this

Thanks,
Kiall