[openstack-dev] [nova] CI report formatting (citrix / hyperv / vmware )

Anita Kuno anteaya at anteaya.info
Wed Mar 25 15:47:26 UTC 2015

On 03/25/2015 11:18 AM, Jordan Pittier wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 2:44 PM, Salvatore Orlando <sorlando at nicira.com>
> wrote:

>>> and

>>> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__link.to_result&d=AwMFaQ&c=Sqcl0Ez6M0X8aeM67LKIiDJAXVeAw-YihVMNtXt-uEs&r=VlZxHpZBmzzkWT5jqz9JYBk8YTeq9N3-diTlNj4GyNc&m=EtHYlIXfK33bYsGf2k8XbFtgWlkcm_VdZCrFHTLEdiE&s=5SS-txUrD3o8KS3QIaCL3XMBbeCYK5CjmzmuxDda7Oc&e=

>> FWIW I help maintain one the VMware CIs (the one voting on neutron and
>> network-related patches for devstack and tempest).
>> We use gerrit-trigger too (mostly out of lazyness, no other real reason),
>> but we're able to format the message posted back to gerrit.
>> For posting back votes we use the "gerrit review" command to post the
>> message in the standard format.
>>
> Ok. I managed to find a way. It's possible. For future reference, on the
> job configuration, there's a field called "URL to post". The correct value
> is literally "* $JOB_NAME $BUILD_URL". Sorry for the noise guys. I can't
> find myself an excuse not to report results in the expected format anymore.
Thank you, Jordan. Are you able to update the documentation consumed by
third party folk using the Jenkins Gerrit trigger plugin?
http://ci.openstack.org/third_party.html#the-jenkins-gerrit-trigger-plugin-way

http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/system-config/tree/doc/source/third_party.rst#n212

Since I seem to be the only one doing anything by way of turning systems
off and having them turned back on again, I would really be grateful in
future of any conversation that doesn't include adding more
responsibilities to my list. I'm understanding of the reasoning that
unless threatened with being disabled most systems won't take any
conversation about their behaviour seriously but I really am at my limit
of what I can accomplish here. My list is very heavy as it is, I'm not
in favour of adding more to it.

Thanks for taking my perspective into consideration,
Anita.