[openstack-dev] [oslo.messaging][zeromq] 'Subgroup' for broker-less ZeroMQ driver

ozamiatin ozamiatin at mirantis.com
Tue Mar 24 16:57:25 UTC 2015

Hi,
+1 for subgroup meeting

Does the separate repository mean separate library (python package) with
its own release cycles so on?

As I can see the separate library makes it easy:

1) To support optional (for oslo.messaging) requirements specific for
zmq driver like pyzmq, redis so on
2) Separate zmq testing. Now we have hacks like skip_test_if_nozmq or
something like that.

Disadvantages are:
1) Synchronization changes with oslo.messaging (Changes to the
oslo.messaging API may break all things)
2) Additional effort for separate library management (releases so on)

As for me, I like the idea of separate repo for zmq driver because it
gives more freedom for driver extension.
There are some ideas that we can have more than a single zmq driver
implementation in future.
At least we may have different versions one for HA and one for
scalability based on different zmq patterns.

Thanks,
Oleksii Zamiatin