[openstack-dev] [all] Do we need release announcements for all the things?

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Tue Mar 24 10:38:28 UTC 2015

Dean Troyer wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 23, 2015 at 9:47 AM, Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org
> <mailto:thierry at openstack.org>> wrote:
>
>     One area where we could work to remove noise would be to move new core
>     reviewers nomination/suggestion threads out of the ML. They are mostly
>     useless IMHO (only +1s), and PTLs are empowered to make the call anyway.
>
>     That's one area where the PTL could move to "ask for forgiveness" model.
>     If we really want a feedback mechanism, we could look for a way to move
>     that to Gerrit or some other lightweight voting tool.
>

> Team meetings would also be a good public place to publicly affirm those
> nominations.  Not everyone interested may be there but it's a logged
> public place to accumulate +1s.

That's a good idea. Now how to communicate that... Should we jump on the
(gasp) start a new thread to discuss that precise idea ?

In all cases, we may need some "openstack-dev sanity police" that jumps
on inadequate threads to keep them at an acceptable level. I did it for
some time for support questions, Anita did some as well for review
beggars... Volunteers welcome :)

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)