[openstack-dev] [devstack] Overriding settings file for devstack plugin

Deepak Shetty dpkshetty at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 04:17:52 UTC 2015

On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 8:36 AM, Ian Wienand <iwienand at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 03/23/2015 09:20 PM, Deepak Shetty wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>    I was wondering if there was a neat way to override the settings file
>> present in the devstack plugin stackforge project.
>>
>> For eg: stackforge/devstack-plugin-glusterfs
>>
>> I plan to use `enable_plugin glusterfs <repo>` in my local to setup
>> GlusterFS backend for openstack
>>
>> But I am forced to use the settings that the above repo has.
>>

> Can you explain more what you mean?  The glusterfs plugin should have
> access to anything defined by the local.conf?

For eg: Look at [1], it configures 2 backends (glusterfs and lvm), but I
just need glusterfs backend
Also CINDER_GLUSTERFS_SHARES is hardcoded to be present locally, in my
devstack setup i might have
different gluster volume names and/or IP address

I would like ability to change these while I use the enable_plugin apporach
to setup
devstack w/ GlusterFS per my local glusterfs setup

[1]:
https://github.com/stackforge/devstack-plugin-glusterfs/blob/master/devstack/settings

thanx,
deepak