[openstack-dev] [Openstack-operators] [Neutron] Deprecating the use_namespaces option - Now's the time to speak up!

gustavo panizzo (gfa) gfa at zumbi.com.ar
Tue Mar 24 03:53:04 UTC 2015

On 2015-03-21 02:57, Assaf Muller wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> The use_namespaces option in the L3 and DHCP Neutron agents controls if you
> can create multiple routers and DHCP networks managed by a single L3/DHCP agent,
> or if the agent manages only a single resource.
>
> Are the setups out there *not* using the use_namespaces option? I'm curious as
> to why, and if it would be difficult to migrate such a setup to use namespaces.

i'm using it in CI/test environment, where i need to connect to the vm
and the control plane at the same time. (vm network is gre)

> I'm asking because use_namespaces complicates Neutron code for what I gather
> is an option that has not been relevant for years. I'd like to deprecate the option
> for Kilo and remove it in Liberty.

in production i use namespaces, but only because is the default.
we have many clouds and none of them share the same ip range.

as other have said, i think is better to have less moving parts,
namespaces had problems with kernel and iproute2 before and may have
problems again

--
1AE0 322E B8F7 4717 BDEA BF1D 44BB 1BA7 9F6C 6333