[openstack-dev] Cinder Third-Party CI: what next?

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Mon Mar 23 21:21:43 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2015-03-23 at 16:23 -0400, Anita Kuno wrote:
> Some folks just will not respect other people's time. To pretend
> otherwise is a huge dis-service to folks trying their hardest to
> support those worthy of the support.

This may be true in general but I have yet to be convinced that this is
the case. My impression is that the situation is more complex than just
lack of respect for other people's time.

> I'm really disappointed that there hasn't been more support for Mike
> in this process.

I've been supporting Mike in this decision and have not seen any element
that makes me believe that Mike's position is not supported. Where have
you seen lack of support?

Going back to the point, in Paris I have been told that deadlines are
hard to know. We've changed and this time you and Mike and cinder core
and the whole Third-Party-CI team have been doing a lot more than in the
past to keep people informed about deadlines, offering help,
documentation, mentoring, etc.

And still, that was not enough for some major members of OpenStack who
failed to meet the deadlines.  That's why I am *not* asking you or Mike
what you can do better.

I'm asking the folks at NetApp, Huawei and others to tell us what they
think should be done differently.

/stef