[openstack-dev] [Ironic] 'Chassis' element in Ironic

Lucas Alvares Gomes lucasagomes at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 09:52:57 UTC 2015

Hi,

> In one of the Ironic IRC meetings, a discussion on whether to retain the
> ‘Chassis’ element in Ironic or not came up.
>
> I am interested to know whether this is still valid and a decision is to be
> made on whether the component is retained or not.

Even tho the Chassis resource in our API is not being very used, right
now the only thing it does is to group nodes*, one thing is: We can't
simply remove it from the v1 API so, it will be there.

For future versions of the API maybe we can group nodes differently,
using a label for example. But we don't have plans for a new version
of the API yet and v1 will still be supported for some time.

* We could use Chassis for more things, multi-node actions.

Cheers,
Lucas