[openstack-dev] [api][neutron] Best API for generating subnets from pool

Tidwell, Ryan ryan.tidwell at hp.com
Fri Mar 20 23:08:54 UTC 2015

Great suggestion Kevin.  Passing 0.0.0.1 as gateway_ip_template (or whatever you call it) is essentially passing an address index, so when you OR 0.0.0.1 with the CIDR you get your gateway set as the first usable IP in the subnet.  The intent of the user is to allocate the first usable IP address in the subnet to the gateway.  The wildcard notation for gateway IP is really a more convoluted way of expressing this intent.  Something like address_index is a little more explicit in my mind.  I think Kevin is on to something.

-Ryan