[openstack-dev] [Neutron][IPAM] Uniqueness of subnets within a tenant

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Fri Mar 20 20:50:33 UTC 2015

On 2015-03-20 13:37:49 -0600 (-0600), Carl Baldwin wrote:
> From what I've heard others say both in this thread and privately to
> me, there are already a lot of cases where a tenant will use the same
> address range to stamp out identical topologies.  It occurred to me
> that we might even being doing this with our own gate infrastructure
> but I don't know for sure.
[...]

We don't really. I mean we do reuse identical network configurations
for jobs running in parallel but these exist solely within the
nested OpenStack environments (either entirely local to a worker or
in some cases bridged through a GRE tunnel between workers).

Now that's for the test infrastructure specifically... if the
networks for a Tempest-created tenant in DevStack on one of those
workers duplicates a CIDR I wouldn't necessarily know, since I don't
pay particularly close attention to DevStack/Tempest configurations.
--
Jeremy Stanley