[openstack-dev] [Fuel] FFE backport IBP-reconnect to 6.0

Alexander Gordeev agordeev at mirantis.com
Fri Mar 20 14:17:37 UTC 2015

Hello Fuelers,

I'm kindly insisting on merging the following 2 patches into 6.0

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/161721/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/161722/

These patches are going to implement IBP-reconnect [3].
Additionally, it closes one of customer-found bug [4] related to that.

Patch [1] introduces new dependency for fuel-agent, but this
dependency is already presented in our repos and the package should be
already installed in our bootstrap image just because network checker
needs it.
Patch [2] just adds reconnecting routine to fuel-agent itself.

All changes are related to fuel-agent only, which's installed into
bootstrap image.
Those patches don't affect our patching/upgrades.

I can't see any reasons to not merge them. Even IBP was inlcluded
under experimental status in 6.0, we have to support it. This fix is
essential.
I knew that we have strict policy to prohibit the backporting of fixes
for experimental features.
So, I'm asking for making an exception for IBP. All related fixes are
pretty small and totally harmless.

Let me know guys if you still have objections to not merge it.
Otherwise, let's merge them until it's too late speaking in terms of
our release cycle.

[3] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/fuel/+spec/ibp-reconnect
[4] https://bugs.launchpad.net/fuel/+bug/1389120