[openstack-dev] [magnum] Memory recommendation for running magnum with devstack

Hongbin Lu hongbin034 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 03:53:10 UTC 2015

Hi Surojit,

I think 8G of RAM and 80G of disk should be considered the minimum. The
guide will create 3 m1.small VMs (each with 2G of RAM and 20G of disk), and
2 volumes (5G each).

In your case, I am not sure why you get the memory error. Probably, you
could walk-around it by creating a flavor with less computing resources,
then use the new flavor to create the cluster:

# create a new flavor with 1G of RAM and 10G of disk
$ nova flavor-create m2.small 1234 1024 10 1

$ magnum baymodel-create --name testbaymodel --image-id fedora-21-atomic \
                       --keypair-id testkey \
                       --external-network-id $NIC_ID \
                       --dns-nameserver 8.8.8.8 --flavor-id m2.small \
                       --docker-volume-size 5

Thanks,
Hongbin