[openstack-dev] [Nova][Cinder] Questions re progress

Eduard Matei eduard.matei at cloudfounders.com
Thu Mar 19 08:40:58 UTC 2015

Hi Adam,

Disclaimer: i work for a company interested in providing solutions based on
openstack, but this email should not be considered marketing/promotional

Regarding your second question "Using Swift as a back-end for Cinder", we
already have a solution for this, a part of which is a Cinder driver
(already merged), and another part is our custom middle layer between swift
and fuse (available partially open-source, for free).
This solution allows you to use your swift cluster as shared storage for
your nova compute nodes (using cinder volume driver) so all nodes can see
all the volumes.

If you would like more details you can contact me at this email address.

*Eduard *