[openstack-dev] Fuel 6.1 Feature Freeze in action, further milestones postponed for 2 weeks

Eugene Bogdanov ebogdanov at mirantis.com
Wed Mar 18 22:14:43 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

As we continue working on Fuel 6.1 release, let me share some updates. I
do realize I should have shared this earlier, I apologize for the delay
with this communication. So, here we go:

1. We are officially at Feature Freeze for 6.1.
According to our Release Schedule for 6.1 [1] with quite a bit of
exceptions [2] we have entered into Feature Freeze [3] state. As usual,
let me request Feature Leads', Component leads' and core reviewers' help
with sorting out the blueprints - many have to be properly updated, and
other (not started/not completed) moved to the next milestone.

2. 6.1 Soft Code Freeze and further milestones are postponed for 2 weeks.
We cannot declare Soft Code Freeze until we are done with all
exceptions. Based on cumulative Feature Leads' feedback, we'll need
roughly 2 weeks to deal with all exceptions and perform the necessary
level of QA, so we have updated the Release Schedule with new dates for
Soft Code Freeze (March 31st), Hard Code Freeze (April 23rd) and GA
Release (May 14th).

Another challenge is that we have quite considerable amount of Medium
Priority bugs. To ensure good quality of this release we also need to
fix as many Medium Priority bugs before we declare Soft Code Freeze, so
we greatly appreciate your contributions here.

Thank you very much for your continued contributions, your efforts are
greatly appreciated.

[1] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Fuel/6.1_Release_Schedule

[2] List of current FF exceptions for 6.1 release:
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/fuel/+spec/plugins-deployment-order
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/fuel/+spec/consume-external-ubuntu
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/fuel/+spec/200-nodes-support
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/fuel/+spec/separate-mos-from-linux