[openstack-dev] [puppet] Release management and bug triage
emilien at redhat.com
Tue Mar 17 19:22:52 UTC 2015
I wanted to start the discussion here about our bug/release management
system with Launchpad.
A first question that comes in my mind is: should we continue to manage
every Puppet module in a different Launchpad project? Or should we
migrate all modules to a single project.
So far this is what I think about both solutions, feel free to comment:
"Having one project per module"
* Really useful when having the right tools to manage Launchpad, and
also to manage one module as a real project.
* The solution scales to the number of modules we support.
* I think some people don't go on Launchpad because there is so many
projects (one per module), so they did not subscribe emails or don't
visit the page very often.
* Each time we create a module (it's not every day, I would say each
time a new OpenStack project is started), we have to repeat the process
for a new launchpad project.
"Having everything in a single project"
* Release management could be simpler
* A single view for all the bugs in Puppet modules
* Maybe a bad idea, but we can use tags to track puppet modules issues
(ie: puppet-openstacklib whould be openstacklib)
* The solution does not scale much, it depends again at how we decide to
make bug triage and release management;
Also, feel free to add more concerns or feedback to this discussion.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 473 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the OpenStack-dev