[openstack-dev] [all] requirements-py{2, 3} and universal wheels

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Tue Mar 17 09:28:33 UTC 2015

On Tue, Mar 17 2015, Robert Collins wrote:

> I think we should deprecate and remove the requirements-pyN files and
> instead use environment markers directly in requirements.txt. That
> will then flow into wheels and things should just work (plus we can
> delete more pbr code).
>
> I haven't tested yet (and someone should) that it does all JUST WORK,
> but thats easy: put an environment marker in a requirements.txt file
> like so:
>
>  argparse; python_version < '3'

That's great news, I had no idea this has been available for a while. :)

I've just tried it on Gnocchi https://review.openstack.org/#/c/164994/

Long story short, it *almost* works. The current problem is that pbr is
parsing the test-requirements.txt file and using it to feed the
tests_require variable of setuptools, and the format does not please it.

I'll try to write a patch on pbr to fix that.

--
Julien Danjou
;; Free Software hacker