[openstack-dev] [nova] what is our shipped paste.ini going to be for Kilo

Christopher Yeoh cbkyeoh at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 05:25:16 UTC 2015

On Mon, 16 Mar 2015 11:22:12 -0400
Russell Bryant <rbryant at redhat.com> wrote:

> On 03/16/2015 11:08 AM, John Garbutt wrote:
> > While its not under Nova's control, I think we need to consider the
> > keystone catalog here.
> >
> > It feels nice to have an explicit entry for v2.1, that people start
> > using once the client is updated to support microversions. DefCore
> > would eventually check for the presence of that entry.
> >
> > Eventually, the v2 entry would be served by the v2.1 code, once we
> > are happy its not going to break too many folks, at least including
> > all the major SDKs. I hope thats during Liberty.
>
> I'd really rather get away from any explicit entries in the keystone
> service catalog for API versions.  It seems kind of broken to me.  I
> think the service catalog should only have enough to point you to the
> APIs location.  Discovering and choosing versions should be done by
> the client and not embedded in the service catalog.

I agree, though the historical issue of why we have multiple keystone
entries for the Nova API is because the first one pointed to a specific
version rather than a generic place where a client can do version
discovery. We probably need to dig ourselves out of that hole first
(which is doable I think in conjunction with JSON-HOME which is an L
thing)

Chris