[openstack-dev] [qa] [neutron] check-grenade-dsvm-neutron failure due to javelin/floating-ip

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Sat Mar 14 22:27:21 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

I wrote a patch in Javelin which aims to support floating IPs [1]
testing, so we can also validate external network connectivity during an
upgrade with Grenade. I also wanted this feature to be able to run
Javelin in multi-node environment.

For some reasons, my patch passed Jenkins, has been reviewed and merged.

Unfortunately, it broke devstack and Neutron gate which both run
check-grenade-dsvm-neutron job.

Armando sent a first patch [2] and I sent 2 patches [3] to fix it; one
of them is not merged, please have a look.

It's obvious we miss unit testing here, but I would also suggest to run
check-grenade-dsvm-neutron job in tempest jobs [4].

I also wanted to apologize for my mistakes in this patch.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/163622/ (merged)
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/164388/ (merged)
[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/164436/ (merged) and
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/164464/ (not merged yet)