[openstack-dev] [Group-based-policy][GBP] PTL Candidacy

Sumit Naiksatam sumitnaiksatam at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 07:04:07 UTC 2015

Hi All,

I would like to announce my candidacy for the Group Based Policy (GBP)
[1] project’s PTL position [2].

I have been involved with GBP for more than a year now. I was
responsible for setting it up as a StackForge project across multiple
repositories, and have been serving as the de facto lead. I have made
contributions to the project in terms of design, implementation, and
reviews [3].

My focus during the Kilo cycle has, and, will be to improve the
quality of our code (reduce bug count, identify and remove obvious
performance issues, clear technical debt), and most of all to gather
feedback from users on the GBP Juno release. Based on this feedback, I
would like to steer the project in the Liberty release towards better
integration with other OpenStack components, and advanced features
that will allow to comprehensively manage and automate policy
enforcement across those components.

I have enjoyed working with each and every one of the GBP team
members, and look forward to working with them in the formal capacity
of a PTL. I am proud of what the team has achieved, and hope to
facilitate its growth even further.

To summarize, I am very excited about this opportunity in playing a
part in GBP’s mission to fully realize the intent-based policy-driven
abstractions' model.

Best,
Sumit Naiksatam.
(IRC: SumitNaiksatam)