[openstack-dev] [neutron] [metadata] metadata service when NOT using name space

Wanjing Xu wanjing_xu at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 11 22:52:46 UTC 2015

When use_namespaces is True, there will be a namespace metadata proxy launched for either dhcp or router namespace, this proxy will accept metada service request , and then proxy the request to metadata server via metadata agent.  But when use_namespaces is False, there is no namespace metadata proxy running, how is the request from vm going to get to matadata server then?  I also checked that there is no NAT rule in the iptables.  So do we support metadata service with no namespace?  If we do , how is it supposed to work?  This is Juno.
Regards!
Wanjing Xu