[openstack-dev] [api][neutron] Best API for generating subnets from pool

Ihar Hrachyshka ihrachys at redhat.com
Wed Mar 11 22:27:34 UTC 2015

I also agree wilcards do not look solid, and without clear use cases
with reasonable demand from operators, it's better to avoid putting
ourselves into position of supporting the feature for eternity.

We had cases of immature API design rushed into the tree before
(particularly, ipv6 ra|addr modes for subnets) resulting in long fire
fighting and confusing behaviour that we're stuck in, and it's better
to avoid it here if possible.

/Ihar