[openstack-dev] [Neutron][IPAM] Uniqueness of subnets within a tenant

John Belamaric jbelamaric at infoblox.com
Wed Mar 11 20:54:11 UTC 2015

On 3/12/15, 2:33 AM, "Carl Baldwin" <carl at ecbaldwin.net> wrote:

>John,
>
>I think our proposals fit together nicely.  This thread is about
>allowing overlap within a pool.  I think it is fine for an external

>IPAM driver to disallow such overlap for now.  However, the reference
>implementation must support it for backward compatibility and so my
>proposal will account for that.

I was proposing that the reference driver not support it either, and we
only handle that use case via the non-pluggable implementation in Kilo,
waiting until Liberty to handle it in the pluggable implementation.
However, I don't think it's particularly harmful to do it either way so I
am OK with this.

Thanks,
John