[openstack-dev] [cinder] cinder is broken until someone fixes the forking code

Mike Bayer mbayer at redhat.com
Wed Mar 11 19:37:25 UTC 2015

Mike Perez <thingee at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11:49 Wed 11 Mar     , Walter A. Boring IV wrote:
>> We have this patch in review currently.   I think this one should
>> 'fix' it no?
>>
>> Please review.
>>
>> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/163551/
>
> Looks like it to me. Would appreciate a +1 from Mike Bayer before we push this
> through. Thanks for all your time on this Mike.

I have a question there, since I don’t know the scope of “Base”, that this
“Base” constructor is generally called once per Python process. It’s OK if it’s
called a little more than that, but if it’s called on like every service
request or something, then those engine.dispose() calls are not the right
approach, you’d instead just turn off pooling altogether, because otherwise
you’re spending tons of time creating and destroying connection pools that
aren’t even used as pools.   you want the “engine” to be re-used across
requests and everything else as much as possible, *except* across process
boundaries.