[openstack-dev] [all] Testtools 1.7.0 may error if you installed it before reading this email

Alan Pevec apevec at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 13:23:01 UTC 2015

> So, we can work around this in devstack, but it seems like there is a
> more fundamental bug here that setup project isn't following dependencies.

Dep chain was: testtools (from
zake>=0.1->tooz<=0.12,>=0.3->ceilometer==2014.2.3.dev2)
Unneeded _runtime_ dependency on testtools was removed in
https://github.com/yahoo/Zake/commit/215620ca51c3c883279ba62ccc860a274219ecc1

> Is this just another 'pip is drunk' issue in it not actually satisfying
> requirements?

Seems that pip is drunk by design, clarkb explained that pip only
updates deps if you pass the --upgrade flag.

Cheers,
Alan