[openstack-dev] [all] Testtools 1.7.0 may error if you installed it before reading this email

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Wed Mar 11 01:23:37 UTC 2015

On 11 March 2015 at 13:59, Robert Collins <robertc at robertcollins.net> wrote:
> On 11 March 2015 at 10:27, Dolph Mathews <dolph.mathews at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Great to hear that this has been addressed, as this impacted a few tests in
>> keystone.
>>
>> (but why was the fix not released as 1.7.1?)
>
> There will be a new release indeed later today to fix a small UI issue
> on pypy3 which affects testtools CI, but the actual bug affecting
> 1.7.0 on Python2 was entirely in the build process, not in the release
> itself.
>
> The built wheel was corrupt (missing files), as opposed to there being
> a bug in the code itself.

And indeed now that we've worked around Sphinx breaking pypy3 and
Python 3.2, I've been able to cut a new release of testtools, which
will bring with it a new wheel, and that will workaround the bug in
capping in stable (because thats how 1.6.1 was working - wheels better
:)).

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>