[openstack-dev] Avoiding regression in project governance

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Tue Mar 10 18:45:36 UTC 2015

One point of clarification:

On 03/10/2015 02:28 PM, Gabriel Hurley wrote:
> Even more concerning is the sentiment of "projects we want to
> consciously drop" from Russell's original email.

This was in reference to criteria defined in:

http://governance.openstack.org/reference/incubation-integration-requirements.html

For example, we previously had a strict requirement *against*
duplication of functionality among OpenStack projects unless it was with
intent and with a clear plan to replace the old thing.  In this new
model, that would be a requirement we would consciously drop.

--
Russell Bryant