[openstack-dev] Avoiding regression in project governance

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Tue Mar 10 17:32:31 UTC 2015

On 03/10/2015 12:47 PM, Doug Hellmann wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 10, 2015, at 12:46 PM, Doug Hellmann wrote:
>> I think we made it pretty clear that we would be taking approvals
>> slowly, and that we might not approve any new projects before the
>> summit, precisely for the reasons you state here. I have found the
>> submitted proposals
>
> Oops
>
> I have found the existing applications useful for thinking about what
> tags we need, and what other criteria we might be missing (Joe's
> proposal to add a team employer diversity requirement is one example).

That's a good example of a requirement we already had but haven't yet
replaced.

I don't think there's consensus about how far off we are from being able
to approve projects.  If everyone thinks "of course, we have a ton of
work to do before we can consider approving the first one", then great,
but I didn't think that was the case.

--
Russell Bryant