[openstack-dev] [horizon] Kilo angular virtual sprint
Tripp, Travis S
travis.tripp at hp.com
Mon Mar 9 19:06:13 UTC 2015
The virtual sprint has been going really well. Last Thursday in the virtual sprint we got 3 patches reviewed and merged! (156810, 157128, 160093) We also had good discussion on the transfer tables and and spinner. With the transfer tables, we decided to make them a parent dependency of launch instance so that we could ensure that the updates worked for the steps. There also has been discussion on how to best style the data in the columns (translations, etc), but I’m not sure we had a final outcome other than making the steps depend on table changes from Richard / Kelly. With the spinner, Tyr demo’d the look and feel after which David and the other folks on the call felt that it makes sense.
Can we do another 22:00 UTC meeting Tuesday (US March 10)? This would be 2 – 4:00 PM PDT. This seems to be the time that accommodates the most active developers on the features.
I’d like an opportunity for discussion on launch instance steps to happen if needed. Primarily, there has been concern on table data integration and styling.
I went through the ether pad and propose the following patches for review and discussion in the next session. Thai, if there are any other dependency patches you need to discuss for user tables, please let us know.
* Transfer tables update (warning icons, drag and drop enabled) - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/159541/ - Kelly Domino
* Discussion on how to style / translate data
* Metadata display widget - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/151745/ (note has dependency on https://review.openstack.org/#/c/136437 )(Szymon)
* Magic Search angular widget - under dev by Eucalyptus, XStatic under review, creating demo on Users, then on to Instances (Randy, Nikunj)
* Password match validation (tqtran) https://review.openstack.org/#/c/161344/
* Wait spinner on wizard-based launch instance submit: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/158819/ - Tyr Johanson
* Lower priority, but just discussed on Thursday, so wrap up.
In addition, I have been working on ways to break the model patch out into different injectable service dependencies that I would like to get some input.
From: David Lyle <dklyle0 at gmail.com<mailto:dklyle0 at gmail.com>>
Reply-To: OpenStack List <openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>>
Date: Monday, February 16, 2015 at 11:19 AM
To: OpenStack List <openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org<mailto:openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org>>
Subject: [openstack-dev] [horizon]
A couple of high priority items for Horizon's Kilo release could use some targeted attention to drive progress forward. These items are related to angularJS based UX improvements, especially Launch Instance and the conversion of the Identity Views.
These efforts are suffering from a few issues, education, consensus on direction, working through blockers and drawn out dev and review cycles. In order to help insure these high priority issues have the best possible chance to land in Kilo, I have proposed a virtual sprint to happen this week. I created an etherpad  with proposed dates and times. Anyone who is interested is welcome to participate, please register your intent in the etherpad and availability.
More information about the OpenStack-dev