[openstack-dev] [Ironic] Thinking about our python client UX

Ruby Loo rlooyahoo at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 18:46:30 UTC 2015

Hi Devananda,

Thanks for bringing this up. I've seen some recent discussions about
changing our python-client so that it supports a range of versions of the
server. I think that makes sense and that's how/where we can fix the client
so that it supports requests/responses that are particular to a version.
(The trick is to do it so that the code doesn't become unwieldy.)

Our client has been "broken" since probably day 11:-), so I don't think it
makes sense to have newer clients properly support Ironic servers prior to
when microversioning was added. It would be great to have, but I am not
sure the amount of effort to do that is warranted, given everything else on
our plate.

--ruby