[openstack-dev] [swift] auth migration and user data migration

John Dickinson me at not.mn
Mon Mar 9 15:23:44 UTC 2015

> On Mar 9, 2015, at 9:46 AM, Weidong Shao <weidongshao at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> hi,
>
> I have a standalone swift cluster with swauth as the auth module. By standalone, I mean the cluster is not in the context of OpenStack, or keystone server.

That's completely fine (and not uncommon at all).

> Now I have moved ACL logic to application level and decided to have all data in swift under one user account. I have a few questions on this change:
>
> 1) is it possible to migrate swauth to the tempAuth? (assuming tempauth will be supported in newer swift versions).

Why?

Yes, tempauth is still in swift. It's mostly there for testing. I wouldn't recommend using it in production.

> 2) Is there a way to migrate data associated with one user account to another user?

"user account" Do you mean the identity or the account part of the Swift URL? If the former, then changing the reference in the auth system should probably work. If the latter, then you'll need to copy from one account to the other (Swift supports account-to-account server-side copy).