[openstack-dev] [Tempest] isolation default config change notification

Matthew Treinish mtreinish at kortar.org
Mon Mar 9 15:08:37 UTC 2015

On Mon, Mar 09, 2015 at 10:47:21AM -0400, Attila Fazekas wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> This is follow up on [1].
> Running the full tempest test-suite in parallel without the
> allow_tenant_isolation=True settings, can cause random not too obvious
> failures, which caused lot of issue to tempest newcomers.
>
> There are special uses case when you might want to disable it,
> for example when you would like to run just for several test cases for
> benchmarking, when you know it is safe for sure, and you do not want to
> include account creation related times to the result.
>
> Now, the other case when you might want to disable this feature, when
> you running tempest without admin account. This is expected to change
> with the upcoming `test accounts` [2], where allow_tenant_isolation=True
> is expected to be the recommended configuration.

I also should probably point out that an explanation around all of the different
credential providers and the tradeoffs involved with each of them has new
documentation here:

http://docs.openstack.org/developer/tempest/configuration.html#credential-provider-mechanisms

with a patch taking this change (and some other recent ones) into account here:

https://review.openstack.org/162019

-Matt Treinish