[openstack-dev] [TripleO][Neutron] revert to fix a tftp DHCP issue

Dan Prince dprince at redhat.com
Fri Mar 6 18:50:40 UTC 2015

I mentioned this on #openstack-neutron IRC today but it would be nice to
get more eyes on a (2 weeks old) revert here [1].

The only reasons TripleO ci has been working the last 2 weeks because we
are cherry picking this very revert/fix via our CI scripts here [2].

This issue has sort of slipped through the cracks I think. After talking
about it on IRC ihrachyshka was kind enough to post a roll-forward fix
here [4].

A good way forwards which we could test along the way with the upstream
CI would be to:

1) Land the the revert in [1].

2) Update TripleO CI so that we no longer cherry pick the Neutron fix
here [3].

3) Update the roll-forward fix in [4] to contain the original patch plus
the fixed code and run 'check experimental' on it. This should fire the
TripleO ci job and we'll be able to see if it fails...

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/156853/
[2]http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/tripleo-ci/commit/?id=f90760f425ec6c80da12ebee4922d799824f4440
[3] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/162212/1
[4] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/162260/1