[openstack-dev] [Glance] [all] [stable] python-glanceclient release 0.16.1

Ian Cordasco ian.cordasco at RACKSPACE.COM
Fri Mar 6 17:42:21 UTC 2015

On 3/5/15, 10:56, "Dr. Jens Rosenboom" <j.rosenboom at x-ion.de> wrote:

>Am 05/03/15 um 17:37 schrieb Ian Cordasco:
>> The clients in general do not back port patches. Someone should work
>>with
>> stable-maint to raise the cap in Icehouse and Juno. I suspect, however,
>> that those caps were added due to the client breaking other projects.
>> Proposals can be made though and ideally, openstack/requirements’ gate
>> jobs will catch any breakage.
>
>I don't think that raising the cap will be feasible anymore with
>incompatible changes like the oslo namespace drop.
>
>What prevents clients from having stable branches except "we never did
>this because up to now it wasn't necessary"?

That’s a good question that I can’t answer. I’m relatively new to
OpenStack and this has just how I’ve understood the release management for
clients. Sorry I can’t provide more insight than that.