[openstack-dev] [Trove] request to backport the fix for bug 1333852 to juno

Amrith Kumar amrith at tesora.com
Fri Mar 6 02:19:58 UTC 2015

Ihar, please see responses (inline).

-amrith

[amrith] These are the patches that merged into Kilo
	https://review.openstack.org/#/c/115811/
	https://review.openstack.org/#/c/123301/

[amrith] Yes, it is a schema change. See https://review.openstack.org/#/c/115811/

| suspicious, but without details it's hard to say. Finally, the need to
| patch a client to utilize the change probably means that it's not a bug
| fix (or at least, not an easy one).

[amrith] The change to the API is not that complex; it changes flavor from an int to a string and adds logic that knows how to tell one from the other.

| Where do those flavor UUIDs come from? Were they present/supported in
| nova/juno?

[amrith] Yes. On a nova boot call for example, you could specify flavor-id thusly:

  --flavor <flavor>             Name or ID of flavor (see 'nova flavor-list').

With Trove (prior to this fix) you could only specify the ID which would be an integer.

| > As such, I *don't* believe that this change should be considered a
| > good candidate for backport to Juno but I'm going to see whether there
| > is sufficient interest in this, to consider this change to be an
| > exception.
| >

| Without details, it's hard to say for sure, but for initial look, the
| change you describe is too far stretching and has lots of issues that
| would make backport hard if not impossible.

[amrith] I agree. But I would appreciate input from others as well.