[openstack-dev] [Glance] [all] python-glanceclient release 0.16.1

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Fri Mar 6 00:13:12 UTC 2015

On Thu, Mar 5, 2015, at 03:15 PM, Dr. Jens Rosenboom wrote:
> Am 05/03/15 um 17:52 schrieb Doug Hellmann:
> >

> > On Thu, Mar 5, 2015, at 11:37 AM, Ian Cordasco wrote:
> >> The clients in general do not back port patches. Someone should work with
> >> stable-maint to raise the cap in Icehouse and Juno. I suspect, however,
> >> that those caps were added due to the client breaking other projects.
> >> Proposals can be made though and ideally, openstack/requirements’ gate
> >> jobs will catch any breakage.
> >
> > Under my cross-project spec proposal [1], we will want to start managing
> > stable branches for clients specifically for this sort of situation.
> >
> > Doug
> >
> > [1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/155072/
>
> Do you expect this proposal to be applied retrospectively to create
> stable/{icehouse,juno} branches or will this only be applied starting
> from Kilo onwards?

Retroactively to stable branches still under support when we need to
backport something. For Kilo we should make them as part of the release
process.

> Also, your proposal is talking about libraries in general, is there
> consensus on having the python-*client projects being included there? Or
> would it make sense to mention them explicitly?

They're libraries, so I thought they were covered, but we can mention
them explicitly if it makes a difference.

> I'm a bit worried that we have a bug currently making nova and cinder
> API services explode after some uptime and no shorttern way of fixing
> this bug in the stable branches.

I can understand that. We need to get someone to determine where to
create the branch for the backports and then we can go ahead with
whatever changes need to be reviewed.

Doug