[openstack-dev] [Glance] [all] python-glanceclient release 0.16.1

Dr. Jens Rosenboom j.rosenboom at x-ion.de
Thu Mar 5 20:15:23 UTC 2015

Am 05/03/15 um 17:52 schrieb Doug Hellmann:

> On Thu, Mar 5, 2015, at 11:37 AM, Ian Cordasco wrote:
>> The clients in general do not back port patches. Someone should work with
>> stable-maint to raise the cap in Icehouse and Juno. I suspect, however,
>> that those caps were added due to the client breaking other projects.
>> Proposals can be made though and ideally, openstack/requirements’ gate
>> jobs will catch any breakage.
>
> Under my cross-project spec proposal [1], we will want to start managing
> stable branches for clients specifically for this sort of situation.
>
> Doug

Do you expect this proposal to be applied retrospectively to create
stable/{icehouse,juno} branches or will this only be applied starting
from Kilo onwards?

Also, your proposal is talking about libraries in general, is there
consensus on having the python-*client projects being included there? Or
would it make sense to mention them explicitly?

I'm a bit worried that we have a bug currently making nova and cinder
API services explode after some uptime and no shorttern way of fixing
this bug in the stable branches.